Last updated: May 2018
aka Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency that is retained by organisations, to identify and place individuals into new employment opportunities.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Data. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal Information you provide to us freely when you give us your CV or job cover letter to a job application.
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us.
We also collect from:
- our website
- National ‘job boards’ (i.e. Reed, CV-Library, Monster, Total Jobs, Indeed)
- the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- cookies (“Cookies”);
- publicly available information, including social media sites
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
- Your Employment history, education and qualifications
- Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethnic origin, and criminal record
- Information enabling us to notify you of suitable job opportunities: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enables identification of job search (for example, postcode or job role)
- Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user-generated content facility
- Publicly available information concerning professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
- Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is the one that is relevant here – it says that we can process your data where it “is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [us] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of [you] which require protection of personal data”
- We don’t think that any of the following activities prejudice individuals in any way – in fact, they help us to offer you a more tailored, efficient service. However, you do have the right to object to us processing your personal data on this basis
- We think it’s reasonable to expect that if you are looking for employment or have posted your professional CV information on a job board or professional networking site, you are happy for us to collect and otherwise use your personal data to offer or provide our recruitment services to you, share that information with prospective employers and assess your skills against our bank of vacancies. Once it’s looking like you may get the job, your potential employer may also want to double check any information you’ve given us or to confirm your references, qualifications and criminal record, to the extent that this is appropriate and in accordance with local laws. We need to do these things so that we can function as a business, and to help you and other Candidates get the jobs you deserve
- We want to provide you with tailored job recommendations and relevant articles to read to help you on your job hunt. We, therefore, think it’s reasonable for us to process your data to make sure that we send you the most appropriate content
- We have to make sure our business runs smoothly so that we can carry on providing services to Candidates like you. We therefore also need to use your data for our internal administrative activities, like payroll and invoicing where relevant
- aka Recruitment will seek your consent to retain your personal information beyond the initial application that you have made. This consent will be for a 24-month period, and at the end of this period, you will be asked to renew your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn
- aka Recruitment may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
aka Recruitment may make personal information available too;
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, aka recruitment will make Personal Information available to our clients, once we have sought your explicit permission to do so and informed you who we will be sharing your personal information with.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
aka Recruitment may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the pyramid8 Website and App and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process, and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us will be stored and kept in the UK.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
Your CV and personal information is stored locally on a secure, encrypted database and can be accessed by aka Recruitment and its employees. You can request to be deleted permanently from the database, by Emailing email@example.com or calling 01924 495066 and asking to speak to the data controller.
Please note that aka Recruitment reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
aka Recruitment is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of our services and data;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restrict access to personal access to personal information to aka Recruitment employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- The right to be forgotten, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below
Children and minors
aka recruitment is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), however, we are aware due to the nature of some of the job offerings, those between 14 and 18 may use the Services.
Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using aka Recruitment Website unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Katherine Thorn.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Officer, 6 Knowl Road Mirfield WF14 8DQ. If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
The Site is operated by aka Recruitment Ltd Registered in England No. 07512935
Registered address: 6 Knowl Road, Mirfield, WF14 8DQ.